24: Season 7: Episode 17 (12:00am - 1:00am)

FAQ Bauer (aka Thread Rules)
1) What can be discussed in plain text, unboxed?
A: Any events in episodes, once aired on the east coast – as well as any speculation based on these already-aired events.

2) What should I confine to spoiler boxes?
A: Any discussion of upcoming shows that contains information from sources outside the aired material, or any speculation based on such things. This includes the “Next week on 24” previews, which some people choose not to watch.

3) Is it just me, or are the episodes a bit slower without Jack in action?
A: I would concur. If Jack’s going to be stuck at FBI headquarters for another hour, can somebody at least give Chloe a gun and set her loose?

Previously on 24…

• Jack gets naked on the street, takes a shower from pressure hoses, then sits around at FBI headquarters for the next 45 minutes. Agent Rowrrr makes sympathetic googly-eyes at him, because he’s infected but not contagious. So they say.

• Tony is rescued in the nick of time by a turncoat, but wait… it’s a ruse. Now the FBI squads have invaded an empty warehouse and confiscated all of the rats. But the bio-goop is on the other side of the compound.

• Now the FBI troops are in a pickle. And their chances are slim, because Jack is not there.

• Meanwhile, the First Snot continues to extend her tendrils of attitude all over the White House. How long before Mom regrets not letting Juma pluck out her eyeballs?

24, Season 7, Episode 17
12:00 AM - 1:00 AM

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Season 7 threads:
1-2 3-4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11-12 13 14 15 16

24: Redemption thread

Season 6 threads:
1-2 3-4 5 6 7 8-9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23-24

Season 5 threads:
1-2 3-4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11-12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23-24

Season 4 threads:
1-2 3-4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23-24

Season 3 threads:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Season 2 threads:

Season 1 threads:

TIVOing here.
Re First Daughter, Mrs. Plant said:
“I knew she was a rat! Aren’t there any women with any balls besides the President?”
:slight_smile:

Olivia is just getting herself in deeper and deeper doodoo. Getting yourself appointed as acting Chief of Staff, then telling a reporter all the secrets. “Now screw me and I won’t run the story…”

So that’s how they’ll get Kim into this season…

WHy doesn’t he want Kim to help?

Memo to self: Do not piss off Tony.

They don’t talk… apparently…

The President has no balls.

I thought we didn’t negotiate with terrorists.

Not unless they can blow up some of your electorate. Especially those liberals on the East coast.

Naturally Jack picked Tony to do the sneaking off and skulking around job. Makes much more sense to pick the guy with dubious loyalties who has just had the snot beaten out of him than a couple of FBI agents. Especially when Tony is the one guy in the party that the bad guys would recognize.

So…deep underground hardened bunker and Tony’s cellphone works just fine. Must be hard to keep stealthy with the whole “can you hear me now?” team in there with you.

Speaking of cellphones, no wonder Olivia ditched the news guy. Their whole sweaty tryst lasted something like ten minutes. I’d say the President’s Chief of Staff needs a new chief of staff if you know what I mean.

Looks like we have a Bauer family reunion in the making. And it’s based on stem cells. Guess there was no Bush Presidency in the 24 Universe.

Hey, if he isn’t speaking to Kim, what about his “nephew”? 'cause there’s no way I believe Jack didn’t sire that one.

***CDC Lady *(one hour ago): “There’s no cure.” Dun dun DUNNNNN!

***CDC Lady **(now): *“Well, OK, there might be a cure. I didn’t mention it until now because it’s more dramatic this way.”

Was I mistaken or was Tony still in the building to be bombed at the time when it was supposed to be bombed?

Jack told Tony to vamoose, but he stuck around. Maybe he had skipped his Total Raisin Bran that morning, so he wanted his RDA of phosphorus.

You’d think we’d be inured to this trope by now, given how often it pops up in 24, but it still jumps out, doesn’t it?

Well, to be fair, in the last hour, CDC lady had enough time to do some fast Googling on prion diseases.

carnivorousplant said:

Because after getting her kidnapped like 6 times, and then crippling her boyfriend, and then totally messing up her life, then having a confrontation where she was sleeping with her therapist, they don’t talk anymore. Basically, he has screwed up her life so much that he wants her to be able to find a way to normalcy, and that won’t happen with him in her life.

I kept thinking that Tony should grab a gas mask, then force a leak in the bioweapon in their underground bunker. Bonus points if Jon Voight is present. Hey, fair is fair, develop a dastardly cureless bioweapon, get exposed to it trying to deploy it in the U.S. But what do I know?

So reporter dude becomes a total creep, but First Whore manages to out-Bitch him.

And poor Agent Pierce, doesn’t realize he’s working for the Evil. I keep expecting her to turn out to be Jon Voight’s boss. Or lover. I’d be like, “Lady, I’ve already been shot once today, I’d like to go home now.”

So, he only cut off one hand, and it was to save his life.
Besides, she dumped that guy.
:slight_smile:

Yeah, but didn’t she say something like stem cells from Kim? I didn’t think Kim would still have stem cells. Or is that why she couldn’t escape from the cougar trap in Season 2… stem cells in her brain, which has not developed past the fetal stage?

The problem with that is the two random FBI agents you choose ultimately will end up being hidden moles working for Starkwood. Okay, so instead you pick the CDC doctor who comes up with a cure to save Jack’s life… except she is working for Starkwood too. Your sainted mother? Secretly been working for Starkwood since before you were born, so she could be in place just for today. :smiley: