24: Season 7: Episode 14 (9:00pm - 10:00pm)

FAQ Bauer (aka Thread Rules)
1) What can be discussed in plain text, unboxed?
A: Any events in episodes, once aired on the east coast – as well as any speculation based on these already-aired events.

2) What should I confine to spoiler boxes?
A: Any discussion of upcoming shows that contains information from sources outside the aired material, or any speculation based on such things. This includes the “Next week on 24” previews, which some people choose not to watch.

3) Is John Voight the main villain, or will there be yet another higher-ranking baddie once Jack catches up to him?
A: I’m guessing that Benjamin Linus is behind it all.

Previously on 24…

• Juma forces Madame President to read his poems on national TV. Vogons strangle themselves with their own intestines to escape.

• Hushed conversation ensues among the hostages:
    Bill: “What are we going to do?”
    Senator Mayer: “Hey. Are you making plans? Can I get in on this? Tell me the plans? Pleeeeeze?”
    Jack: “Don’t you have more ex-CTU agents to go prosecute? Buzz off.”
    Bill: “So what’s the plan, Jack?”
    Jack: “Before we opened the safe room, I blew out the pilot light and turned the stove on. We’re gonna have a barbeque soon…”
    Bill: “I love barbeque! But I like mine medium rare, I’d better go check it!”
    *** KABOOOOOM! ***
    Bye, Bill…

• Now that the First Daughter is safe, she resumes Normal Bitchiness Mode.

• With Juma and men dead, John Voight comes to the fore. Why he’s getting a shipment of weapons from Juma is a mystery, since wasn’t he supplying the Juma regime with American weapons originally? What could Juma possibly have that we don’t? But the race is on, to get to Ryan.

• Jack gets there first, makes Ryan soil himself, but then… the Sneaky Ceiling Assassin strikes. Jack pursues. And Agent Rowrrr is cleaning out her desk. Or is she…?

24, Season 7, Episode 14
9:00 PM - 10:00 PM

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Season 7 threads:
1-2 3-4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11-12 13

24: Redemption thread

Season 6 threads:
1-2 3-4 5 6 7 8-9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23-24

Season 5 threads:
1-2 3-4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11-12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23-24

Season 4 threads:
1-2 3-4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23-24

Season 3 threads:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Season 2 threads:

Season 1 threads:

Okay, decided to tune in because I was bored…

Re: Voight’s little rant that “we are doing what is absolutely necessary,” despite the fact that people have died, something “I find completely tragic.” So what exactly is the point of your little coup attempt/terrorist attack? Anybody figured out precisely how any of these plots are going to strengthen the country, as opposed to fundamentally weakening it?

You’d think Walker would at least decide to tell Larry about the perp – because Jack did send her the image of who really did kill Ryan. She didn’t have to come forth right away with the “He’s at Senator Mayer’s place”, but she could at least say, “He sent me a pic of the real murderer, and I identified him”. That could help, you know…

Thanks Morris – you just screwed the pooch again.

Oh, and pointing to Janis – “You’re a witness to this” on his agreement. That was dumb – she’s with the guy you’re bargaining with. Get you an independent witness.

“Bauer has more experience and training than anyone in this room…and that includes me!”

Winnie the Pooh has more experience and training than he. :rolleyes:

“Trust isn’t my greatest asset”. Nice.

Oh crap – that’s right. Sneaky Ceiling Assassin took a cop car, didn’t he? So he would have heard the messages sending the cops to Mayer’s house.

Well, I guess Jack won’t be appearing before Mayer’s congressional hearing panel tomorrow morning, after all.

It’s a trap…Jack’s gonna getcha.

Outstanding!

Mrs. Plant: “You killed him!”
CP: (Jack has 2x4) “And he’s gonna kill him again…”

Shoot on sight. Jack’s going to get some practice in his bullet-dodging skills.

So how many trucks can be started right up with a bloody screwdriver, like that?

If Larry at all had believed that Jack was telling the truth about being framed, then wouldn’t it make sense that the baddie doing the framing might be the killer of Mayer, not Jack? He automatically assumed that Jack did it, even though he just saved the President’s life an hour and a half earlier… Larry must be pretty sore that his former main squeeze seems to have the hots for Jack…

Anyone else think First Daughter Olivia is a dead-ringer for Reese Witherspoon?

I’d say most of 'em. I had a car stolen once and that’s exactly how they did it. After I got it back I was starting my car up with a screwdriver for a couple of days.

Really? Didn’t know that would work…

Oh, it works, all right. In fact, it’s so simple to do that I now get a kick when I see someone like Jack Bauer actually cross wires to start a car. Although, I suppose if you didn’t have a screwdriver handy you’d have to make do.

“…okay, now that I finally earned Jack’s trust we can go to the authorities together and get to the bottom of this…but first let me answer the door…clearly there would not be anyone there who would kill me and…”

DUDE!! BAUER!!! HAVE YOU NOT LIVED IN THE WORLD OF ‘24’ FOR THE PAST SEVEN SEASONS?!!
Didn’t see that coming with the bulldozer. I thought he would have just smacked him with the 2x4.

And my 2000 Grand Am things I’m trying to steal my own car and turns off the fuel pump because it doesn’t like my key. :rolleyes:

So am I the only one who would think the first thing they do to a suspended agent is restrict their access to secret files and databases?

I posed the same question to my friend and he said “pfft, everyone has access to the internet.”
Coolest part of the show was when Jack threw a screwdriver so hard, it punctured a bullet proof vest and the guy’s chest.

Boy, the First Hottie is a devious little bitch, isn’t she?

I’ll retract that insult if I’m proven wrong, but I think nobody will be surprised when we find out she did indeed orchestrate the leak, with every intention of riding to the rescue and looking like the hero. Did she literally skip into the Oval Office? “You wanted to see me, Mommy? Guess what – I fixed big mean Ethan’s big bad mistake (giggle)!”

My guess is she’s even dirtier than we know, and will turn out to be a major part of the big picture later in the day.

Sherry Palmer, v.2.