24: Season 8: Episode 10 (1:00am - 2:00am)

FAQ Bauer (aka Thread Rules)
1) What can be discussed in plain text, unboxed?
A: Any events in episodes, once aired on the east coast – as well as any speculation based on these already-aired events.

2) What should I confine to spoiler boxes?
A: Any discussion of upcoming shows that contains information from sources outside the aired material, or any speculation based on such things. This includes the “Next week on 24” previews, which some people choose not to watch.

3) How good are Jack’s chances against the armed group searching for Farhad?
A: If they are armed with nothing but handguns and assault rifles, pretty damn good. If one of them has a taser, he may be in trouble.

Previously on 24:

• Cole ran off to deal with AWOL Dana, and now he realizes she’s a bit… psycho. I mean, a little more than the usual bride-to-be.

• Oh, and Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Doofus… finally toast. Thank. God.

• Farhad the Hippie Arab realizes he’s in over his head. “I just wanted to get our country’s nuclear program on track. But I want to live!” But his military allies have other plans – “We can’t get the materials out of the country, so Plan-B! We’ll all DIE in a blaze of glory!” Farhad: “ummmm… yeah. I’ve gotta go to the bathroom… be right back”

• While Cole is MIA, Hastings puts a 12-year-old intern in charge of the TAC team. He’ll go try to rescue Farhad… right after graham crackers, milk, and his nap.

• Jack didn’t have any baddies to fight this hour, so he had to satisfy himself by clocking a guard, then pinning Renee’s justice dept interrogator against the wall. The adrenaline rush was enough, and now he’s off to relieve Agent Peewee and lead the assault team himself. Ready for some Jack Action!

24, Season 8, Episode 10
1:00 AM - 2:00 AM

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Season 8 threads:
1-2 3-4 5 6 7 8 9

Season 7 threads:
1-2 3-4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11-12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23-24

24: Redemption thread

Season 6 threads:
1-2 3-4 5 6 7 8-9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23-24

Season 5 threads:
1-2 3-4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11-12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23-24

Season 4 threads:
1-2 3-4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23-24

Season 3 threads:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Season 2 threads:

Season 1 threads:

Hastings grows some balls! Finally.

I wonder if it will turn out that Talen (Talyn?) actually is working with the covert dudes that Farhad was allied with (until very recently).

“Farhad, don’t get up!”
Oh, I think I’ll get up now…

Nice summary of last week.

Now I’m confuzzled. IS Marco going to deliver the rods, or is he going to try to kill Farhad? Why would they bring the rods with them on an assassination run? And in what inventive way is he planing to double-cross the sinister leader who looks like someone who played in something else?

Oh no Marco noooooo!

Who thinks Renee is going to be dead by the end of the season?

I think Agent 12-Year-Old is about to be Agent Sky-High

Nobody at CTU seems to be curious why Cole hasn’t phoned in yet, about his “lead”… you know, the one he’s been following for over an hour now. And Dana/Jenny has been missing from CTU for 2 hours now.

Agent Naptime: “Jack, what should I do if this guy detonates his bomb?”
Jack: “Well, standard procedure, lieutenant, is to leap 200 feet in the air and scatter yourself over a wide area.”

(Name that quote… ;))

Looks like Hastings has had a change of heart about Chloe.

Instead of trying to manually set off him bomb, maybe Marco should just beat himself to death with the lead pipe.

Wow, 24 technology just keeps getting more and more far-fetched. Remote disarming of the bomb just by knowing the frequency? Just how much disbelief am I supposed to suspend. I’ll give them that this still isn’t worse than an infrared scan by satellite on the Chinese embassy that allowed Chloe to tell what people were on what floor, but it’s a close second.

I dunno… I don’t think she had to disarm it, just jam the radio detonator. Of course, why he had a radio detonator instead of a wired one is unclear, but it didn’t cause me to go into SODEF24 mode (that’s “Suspension of Disbelief, Even For 24”).
I definitely feel like this season is coming together nicely. The worst stupid plotline is pretty much done, and the current least interesting plotline (president’s daughter and beau) is at least clearly related to the main plot.

Marco also seems like a vaguely interesting character. And I’m glad that they keep making us all assume that young CTU kid is about to die… and then he doesn’t!

I wonder if that’s possible.

All in all, I’m enjoying the show, as always it’s a fun ride.
And count me in as one who think Renee won’t be around at the end, it’s not Jack’s destiny to be happy.

Note to self: stick with wired detonators for suicide vests only.

Funny how nobody back at CTU is too curious what’s going on with the agents caught up in the currently unconnected subplot.

Evil Jimmy James! Yes!

They must’ve had a sale on radio detonators at BuyMore. And yes, the fact that dumbasses were using a radio detonator were a part of why I went into SODEF24. Did they explain how they jammed the signal? Is a selective radio frequency scrambler part of every CTU agents field pack. Sure, there will always be one in the Jack Sack, but Jack wasn’t close enough (or was he?)

They probably crashed a few planes when they scrambled all the radio frequencies.
Explains why everyone blacked out for two minutes, also explains why the island disappeared.

Well, maybe at least if he had a point-ed stick. I think he should at least try to bludgeon himself with the lead pipe. Give us a little comic relief.

She might end up catatonic, like Audrey. Or maybe she’ll end up losing all her limbs and vital organs – maybe end up as a brain in a jar?

Right. Chloe just activated the failsafe, turned the sky purple, and the bomb was disarmed. :wink:

Hastings should step down and put Chloe in charge.

So should Madame President.